We follow rules set by the government when we calculate any changes to your rent each year.

This year, the rules say rents can be increased by last September’s Consumer Price Index (CPI), plus an extra 1%.

The CPI is a common measure of inflation and in September 2020 was 0.5%. This means that most rents will increase by 1.5% from April 2021.

So, for example, if you pay £120 a week in rent now, your new rent will be £121.80 a week from April. Or, if you pay, say, £180 a week now, your new rent will be £182.70. 

How will the money be used?

The additional money raised by the rent increase will make sure we are financially equipped to provide the best service to our residents.

We will use the extra money to maintain homes, build much-needed affordable homes and invest in local communities.

We will also provide support to residents who fall into arrears through the Tenancy Sustainment team and our money and debt service Pound Advice, and support our planned investment in fire safety works.

Our social rents remain at or below the Government rent cap. Our social rents range between 40% and 60% of market rent levels.

Pound Advice

We work closely with Pound Advice, who offer help and support for our residents in financial difficulty

Support during the pandemic

We understand that many people may be facing financial difficulties as a direct result of the coronavirus pandemic.

If you’re experiencing difficulties paying your rent or service charge or any other personal circumstances are making this difficult for for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Income team by calling 0300 456 9998.

We can provide free, confidential and sympathetic advice and guidance to you if you’re having difficulty paying your rent or service charge or are struggling to work because of coronavirus. This could include putting payment plans in place or supporting you to claim any benefits you’re entitled to.

Help and support

For more information, please visit the help and advice pages on our website – or you can email us at lqdirect@lqgroup.org.uk.

You can also get independent advice from places such as a Citizens Advice or a housing or benefits advice service.

When you get your rent and service charge letter, please get in touch if you have a query about it or if you think you’ll have difficulty paying. Just call our customer service centre on 0300 456 9996.

Citizens Advice

They offer free and impartial advice on a range of issues