If you’d like to move to a smaller property, we can provide advice, support and guidance.
Downsizing allows us to make sure our residents are in homes they can afford and we make best use of our housing stock by freeing up larger properties for homeless families and overcrowded households.
Put simply, we’ll be able to provide good quality homes to more people.
Moving to a smaller home
You may want to consider moving to a smaller home if:
- you are in receipt of housing benefits and affected by the size criteria
- your home has become too costly to run and difficult to manage
- the number of people in the household has reduced, for example, children have grown up and left home
- you want to move to a different location to be nearer family or work
Things to consider
Before moving home, you'll need to clear all outstanding arrears. Making an online payment is simple. You just need to:
- sign in to your online account
- go to 'my payments'
- select 'make a payment'
Please get in touch if you are affected by the size criteria and cannot move due to arrears. Our customer service centre can help you with support and advice.
We reserve the right to exclude residents from moving if there has been a breach of tenancy or if your current home has not been kept in a suitable condition.