UpToYou, Rent to Homebuy and London Living Rent are all schemes that were introduced to assist people who aspire to home ownership.
They give people who are renting through L&Q an opportunity to buy their home outright or through shared ownership.
To find out if you may be entitled to a discount on the share that you purchase, please check your tenancy agreement.
Please note that the discount will not be given if you are buying the property outright. There is also no discount applicable for London Living Rent residents.
To qualify for buying your property:
- you must be living in a L&Q rented home with either an UpToYou, Rent to Homebuy or London Living Rent tenancy
- you must earn equal or less than £90,000 (household income). If you earn in excess of £90,000 we would expect you to purchase the property outright
- you must have lived in the property for at least six months and passed the initial tenancy period
- you will need to have sufficient funds to buy the home. These will need to cover the cost of buying and at least a 5-10% deposit required by most mortgage lenders to put towards your share
- you must be adhering to the terms and conditions of your tenancy and not be in any rent or service charge arrears or be linked to antisocial behaviour
- you must not be overcrowded and the home must meet your current needs
- you must meet our home ownership criteria