Guidance for when you’re selling your home and the buyer's solicitor asks you to provide a management enquiries report. This includes information about the landlord's enquiry pack and how to request these details.

The landlord's enquiry pack

Once a buyer has been found for your home, their solicitor will usually ask yours to provide information about any management enquiries they may have – known as a landlord's enquiry pack.

In an open-market sale or a shared ownership resale, the lease is ‘assigned’ to the new owners. This means the buyer takes over the existing lease and all responsibilities attached to it.

To protect the buyer’s interests and comply with the terms of any mortgage, their solicitor will usually ask for information about:

  • ownership of the property – details of the freeholder and any managing agents
  • any statutory notices served on the current leaseholder
  • any major repair schemes planned in the next five years
  • service charge accounts (estimates and actuals)
  • the building insurance schedule
  • the current balance on the service charge/sub-account
  • the current fire risk assessment
  • any asbestos reports
  • the amount of ground rent

This information forms the landlord's enquiry pack and there is a fee for providing these details. For the current fees payable, please read:

We also provide a similar pack for owner-occupiers living in homes on our estates where service charges or management charges are payable to us. As the current homeowner, you'll be responsible for covering the administration costs for providing this type of pack.

If you have an independent managing agent, your solicitor will need to contact them directly to confirm any additional costs they may charge. Any applicable managing agent costs will be shared with your solicitor at the appropriate time.

Please note that the compilation of a landlord's enquiry pack can take up to 15 working days, so it's important that your solicitor requests this in good time.

If a pack has been provided within the last six months, but the sale has not been completed, solicitors sometimes request updated information – which we can provide in the form of a mini-pack. For the current fees payable, please refer to our list of homeowner administration fees.

How to request a landlord's enquiry pack

To request a landlord's enquiry pack, please email our Homeownership team your full name, address and solicitor details – including their email address.

We'll then get in touch with your solicitor to let them know how much the pack costs and how to make a payment.

Once we've received payment from your solicitor, we'll email the pack directly to them. 

Our complete guide to Shared Ownership

Your L&Q home location:

No location set