Do I Qualify to Buy My Home?
To be eligible to buy your home you must:
- Have a protected assured tenancy (transfer from local authority)
- Have held a tenancy for a least five years
- Not be in rent or service charge arrears
- Not be under a possession order
- Be able to afford a mortgage
- Become responsible for carrying out repairs to the property as an owner and contribute to any block repairs, such as roof or window replacements or other maintenance
- Need to pass money laundering requirements, as required by law
Housing benefit will not cover mortgage payments.
Only tenants can buy the property, family members or friends who are not on the tenancy cannot be party to the purchase.
Right to buy - contact us
To find out more you can also contact us at L&Q Direct.