The L&Q customer promise
Our new customer promise is all about building trust with our customers and being much clearer about what they can expect from us.
We have worked with residents and key stakeholders across the business to shape and inform our new customer promise to make sure it reflects what is most important to our customers.
We all play a key role in bringing the customer promise to life.
We want you to be happy in your home and community, so we'll:
- Maintain your home to a good standard
- Complete everyday repairs as quick as possible at a time that suits you
- Look after shared spaces as if they were our own
- Build high quality, desirable homes
- Work with you and others to create vibrant, sustainable and happy communities
That’s why we are focused on improving and maintaining the quality of your homes and estates and why we aim to get your repairs completed more quickly. It’s also why part of our business (L&Q Foundation) will invest £10m every year to create opportunities to support the aspirations of our residents and communities.
We want you to have a great experience with us so we'll:
- Do our part to make settling into your home as easy as we can
- Make it easier for you to get in touch and find the information you need
- Make payment transactions easier
- Clearly explain any changes to your rent and service charges
- Make it easier to book a repair appointment
That’s why we are making improvements to our lettings services and why we are transforming our service to meet your needs and expectations. It’s also why we are developing new ways and technology for you to reach us in the way you want.
We want you to trust us to be there on your side, so we'll:
- Always be friendly and helpful
- Be straight with you and clear about timescales
- Aim to resolve your query on the same day when we can
- Be here to help if you need it
- Keep you informed about what's happening
- Be upfront with you about our performance and what we're doing to improve it
That’s why we train our people to keep improving and giving the best customer care and why we have a range of support services you can access if needed. It’s also why we regularly report our performance to resident groups and publish a Residents annual report.
We never want to let you down, but if we do we'll:
- Say sorry and sort it out as soon as we can
- Aim to fix things first time
- Check you are happy with the outcome
- Make it simple for you to complain
- Usually resolve complaints in 10 days
- Learn from what we do well and where we need to do better
That’s why we are making improvements in the way we handle your complaints and why we have already invested in more resources to answer your queries quickly. It’s also why we're investing to fix repairs better and faster.
We want you to feel safe and secure in your home and community, so we'll:
- Keep your home dry and safe
- Keep shared spaces clean and safe
- Help resolve issues causing concern to you and your community
- Offer support and work with our local partners to help ensure your wellbeing
That's why we carry out emergency repairs and regularly assess fire safety standards and why we check that our estates are up to standard. It’s also why we monitor and manage any anti-social behaviour and train our people to help keep you safe.