Make sure you’re covered
Are you covered?
Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions and personal belongings. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.
If you, or someone you know suffers a loss, the cost be of replacing your clothing, carpets, furniture, electronic items and valuables can often be much more than is expected. Contents insurance provides cover for home contents and belongings in the event of a fire, flood, theft and many more household risks.
With recent increases to other out-goings such as, rent, fuel, and groceries, household budgets are likely to be under pressure, but it may cost you thousands of pounds to replace your belongings if you don’t have home contents insurance.
L&Q suggest all our residents consider home contents insurance in case there is an incident such as a water leak or fire in the property. Please be aware that L&Q does not insure the contents of your home or your personal possessions.
You can find more information about contents insurance on the Money Matters website.
Here to help
We’ve joined forces with Thistle Tenant Risks who administer the Crystal Insurance Scheme* to offer new-for-old home contents insurance designed to meet your needs.
Some of the benefits of the scheme are:
- flexible payment methods, which you can pay-as-you-go, meaning there’s no long-term commitment
- premiums can be paid by cash fortnightly or monthly using a swipe card, monthly by direct debit or annually by cheque, credit or debit card (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge)
- cover for theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
- cover for theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
- accidental damage to TV’s, aerials and home computers is covered as standard
- loss or damage to food in a fridge/freezer is covered
A £50 excess applies in respect of accidental damage claims. Terms and conditions apply. Full details are available on request.
For further information call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286 or visit Crystal Insurance where you can request a call back.
*The Crystal Insurance Scheme is a product name arranged and administered by Thistle Tenant Risks a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington's Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is part of the PIB Group.