Are you covered by contents insurance?

To help protect your possessions and personal belongings, we recommend you have contents insurance in place. This will provide cover for your home contents and belongings in the event of a fire, flood, theft and many other household risks.

We’d like to remind you that we don’t insure the contents of your home or your personal possessions, and the cost of replacing your clothing, carpets, furniture, electronic items or valuables can often be much more than expected. Find out more information about contents insurance on the Money Matters website.

We’ve joined forces with Thistle Tenant Risks on the Crystal Insurance Scheme to offer new-for-old home contents insurance designed to meet your needs.

Some of the benefits of the scheme are:

  • flexible payment methods, which you can be pay-as-you-go, so there’s no long-term commitment
  • premiums can be paid by cash fortnightly or monthly using a swipe card, monthly by direct debit or annually by cheque, credit or debit card (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge)
  • cover for theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
  • cover for theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
  • accidental damage to TVs, aerials and home computers is covered as standard
  • Cover for loss or damage to food in a fridge/freezer.


A £50 excess applies in respect of accidental damage claims. Terms and conditions apply. Full details are available on request.

For further information call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286 or visit Crystal Insurance where you can request a call back.