Right to Aquire
Right to acquire criteria
- The right to acquire scheme started in April 1997 so this scheme is only available for homes built or funded after this time
- You must have an assured tenancy
- You must have been a public sector tenant for at least three years
- Your home is not due to be demolished - check with L&Q if you're not sure
- You don't have any legal problems with debt. For example, you're an undischarged bankrupt, have a bankruptcy petition pending against you or have obtained a debt relief order
- You don't have any outstanding possession orders
- The discount available is between £9,000 and £16,000. The amount of discount you qualify for depends on the borough in which you live
Where can I get more information?
If you've read the information in this section of the website and feel that you qualify, you can request an application pack by either contacting L&Q Direct or calling 0300 456 9996.
There will some basic checks made we make before we send the application pack, but all final decisions will be made after a full application has been made.