Why work for L&Q?
Maintaining our position as a leading housing provider relies on a well-trained and motivated workforce.
That’s why L&Q is an Investors in People Gold standard employer. We want to employ and retain great people by helping them develop their skills and capabilities. Our investment in learning and development is among the highest in our sector.
We offer our staff:
- Professional training courses
- Assisted studies
- Management training and development
- Secondments, shadowing and mentoring
- Volunteering opportunities
- Placements within counterpart organisations
Awards & Accreditations
We are proud to participate in the Great Places to Work programme, where we join companies such as Microsoft and Ernst and Young. We believe our people are our greatest asset and every year we achieve top-quartile levels of employee engagement.
We are proud that since 2015, L&Q has made Stonewall's top 100 employers for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff each year. Inclusion is one of our values and is embedded in the organisation.
L&Q for several years has been a proud partner member of the Considerate Constructers Scheme. Partners members are construction companies that can demonstrate and promote the highest standards of practice in promoting health and safety, workforce development, environmental protection and community engagement during the construction process. All L&Q construction sites are registered with and monitored by the CCS scheme and are supported to achieve performance levels above the industry standard.”
Recognition and reward
We also recognise and reward staff who have done something extra or out of the ordinary. Our initiatives include our annual awards for people and teams, an ideas and innovations scheme and Christmas and summer events.
Learning and development
People are at the heart of our business and our success depends on getting the best from them. That's why L&Q is committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
Our drive to make L&Q a great place to work means we work hard to attract talented and ambitious people. We know this can only be achieved by providing a great working environment. We encourage our staff to have good work-life balance and have developed a number of family-friendly benefits.
- Flexible and agile working
- Childcare Plus vouchers and high street discounts
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Excellent pension scheme
- Non-contributory life insurance
- Career breaks
- Maternity / paternity and carer’s leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle-to-work scheme
For full details see our family-friendly benefits booklet:
- People – We care about the happiness and wellbeing of our customers and our employees
- Passion – We approach everything with energy, drive, determination and enthusiasm
- Inclusion – We draw strength from our differences and work collaboratively
- Responsibility – We own problems and deliver effective, lasting solutions
- Impact – We measure what we do by the difference we make