Renting from us
As one of London’s most experienced landlords, we understand what customers want. The homes we offer for rent are built to a very high standard, in the right areas and with the peace of mind that comes from our dedicated maintenance service.
The homes we offer for rent are mostly new build properties or have been recently refurbished. We offer homes across London and they are available on a first come, first served basis.
Our eligibility criteria
There are some basic eligibility criteria to qualify for our rental homes. In order to rent a property directly from L&Q you will need to meet the following:
- British/EU/EEA Citizen or have a valid visa to reside in the UK
- Have no County Court Judgements (CCJs), Individual Voluntary Agreements (IVAs) or Bankruptcy
- Have no adverse rental history such as rent arrears or history of anti-social behaviour within a tenancy
- Meet the minimum affordability criteria which will be determined by the rental amount of your chosen property/budget
- Be employed permanently or,
- Be self-employed for at least one year with ability to present the previous year’s tax returns
- Have access to one month’s rent in advance and six-weeks' rent as a tenancy deposit
- For private rent properties, we also consider student households or households on temporary employment contracts with six months up front rental payment
L&Q calculate rents based on a number of factors including location, size and the specification of the property and will align our rents with other private rental values in the same area.
Renting through L&Q is open to anyone who meets the minimum required household income, and this is set to make sure you're able to comfortably afford the rent and living costs associated with living in the property of your choice.
All of our private rent properties are listed on Rightmove.
Intermediate market rent
Intermediate market rent is designed to help working households who cannot yet afford to buy a home, who are unable to afford the cost of renting on the open market or cannot access social rented housing.
Intermediate rent offers you the opportunity to rent at less than the market rate. The rent charged is normally approximately 20% lower than what you would expect to pay for a similar home in a similar area if you were renting from a private landlord.
All potential Intermediate Market Rent tenants will have to meet the above criteria. There is also an additional set of eligibility criteria which will apply for IMR. Typical requirements may include:
- Overall household income below £90,000 if applying for a property in London or £80,000 if applying for a property outside of London
- Cannot be a property owner
- You may be required to currently live or work in the area in which you are applying to rent (varies from scheme to scheme)
All of our IMR homes are listed on Rightmove.
Finding a new home
We have properties all over London – including Barking, Bermondsey, Greenwich, Seven Sisters, Wimbledon, Battersea, Lewisham, Catford, Sydenham, Twickenham, Haggerston, Walthamstow and East Ham.
If there are no suitable properties right now, you can call 020 8853 6937 to register for properties that become available in the future.