Welcome to L&Q Living
Our dedicated care and support service houses more than 10,000 people across London, the South East and North West of England.
We directly support people with mental health illnesses, people with learning disabilities, and older and young people.
We understand that everyone has different needs and tailor our care and support services to each person.
Our bespoke services offer choice, involvement and control to help build independence. This includes a mixture of care and support, housing management and agency-managed services.
Later Life Living
We recognise that housing for older people is about more than bricks and mortar, which is why we launched our Later Life Living offer.
This offer includes:
Safe and affordable sheltered accommodation, with helpful on-site staff and housing management services that support your tenancy.
Independent Living (extra care accommodation)
Staffed 24/7 to provide you with personalised support from our dedicated partner agencies – from help with household tasks to specialist care and medication.
Later Life Living benefits
Later Life Living residents benefit from our:
- intensive housing management services
- robust safeguarding procedures
- digital and assistive technology offer
- friendly housing assistants and health and wellbeing facilitators
- design guide
- dementia-friendly strategy
Our supported living services help residents safely manage their daily activities – outlined within a detailed personalised care plan.
They can be extremely flexible, ranging from short-term floating support to 24-hour support.
We can provide housing-related support to people living in shared or self-contained accommodation, as well as individuals who prefer to remain in the comfort of their own homes.
Regardless of your situation, you can be assured that our highly-trained staff will support you in maintaining your independence and achieving your personal goals.
Our services cover:
- personal care
- domestic tasks
- finance management
- domiciliary care
- participation in hobbies and activities
How do I apply?
If you're interested in our Later Life Living scheme, please get in touch with the relevant local authority Housing department. You can also apply directly for this service by visiting the MovingSoon website.
Registered care homes
Our registered care homes provide support for residents with varying care needs, ranging from intensive 24-hour service to temporary short-term placements.
They are independently regulated by Care Quality Commission (CQC) to make sure that our services are caring, safe, effective, responsive and well-led.
We currently have five care homes registered with CQC:
- Breakaway Respite Service
- Coxley House
- Helena Road
- Mollands Lane
- Nightingale Close
Take a look at our CQC ratings.
Agency managed services
We also work with more than 75 specialist providers to deliver 281 services across 48 commissioning authorities.
By working in partnership with our Managing Agents and Commissioners, we're able to provide homes to customers whom we do not deliver direct care or support.
- GivingOur care and support service users are able to apply for grants of up to £250 towards activities such as trips, sporting activities, meals out, parties, music events, arts workshops and outdoor activities.
- SharingWe’re setting up timebanks so that our service users can get involved in their local communities by sharing their skills and making new friends.
- VolunteeringProviding volunteering opportunities not only combats isolation and loneliness, it can also be beneficial for people affected by mental health issues.
- OpportunitiesL&Q Living service users have access to a wide range of programmes that help provide opportunity. These include confidence building, job search training, job clubs, work placements, construction training and even starting up their own enterprise.
- CommunityWe reach out to external organisations and businesses to offer them the chance to build social capital by providing free or discounted services to benefit our service users.
- CelebratingRecognising and celebrating the help that people offer each other is an integral part of L&Q Inclusion. We host annual award ceremonies and large celebratory events including talent shows and dance contents.