If you own or part-own your home, but we own the freehold to it, then we need to make sure that it is properly insured. So, we insure your home on our block policy. As all our properties are insured on this policy, we get a cheaper rate and we pass these savings on to you.

Our policy covers all the normal risks to your home: fire, flood, vandalism and damage following a burglary or an accident.

Our policy has less small print than many policies available from other insurance companies. For most claims, you will be required to pay an excess of £100.

If your claim is for subsidence (including landslip and heave), the insurers will usually appoint a loss adjuster to assess the claim. Claims for subsidence will have an excess of £1,000 to pay.

Our insurance company offers a claims direct service 24 hours a day seven days a week. Please download our Summary of Insurance Cover for details on how to make a claim.


The insurers must be notified of any event that leads to a claim within 30 days of that event. They may refuse to accept a claim if they are not notified within this period.

Our policy does not cover the contents of your home, so we strongly advise you to arrange this yourself. L&Q offers a discounted home contents scheme for all residents. Please see our home insurance flyer for further details.