What we’re doing to manage coronavirus
The health and safety of our residents and people is our top priority.
With the national response to the outbreak changing daily, we’re working hard to make sure we’re well prepared to deal with the latest developments.
We have set up a crisis response team and developed a pandemic plan to help us deal with the health and business threats caused by coronavirus. The aim of this plan is to keep you informed, reassured and safe.
We’re constantly reviewing how we’ll deliver services to you if our staffing levels or resident health are severely impacted. We’re putting measures in place to make sure we maintain emergency, business-critical and health and safety related functions.
We’re also doing everything in our power to support our people and the most vulnerable during these difficult times. Here are some of the things we have done so far:
- Set up home-working for our customer service centre so you can always get a response from us
- Check that residents are feeling OK before we begin a repair and given our operatives protective equipment to reduce the risk of coronavirus spreading during repairs visits
- Developed procedures to make sure that emergency repairs can be carried out, even if there is an infected person in the property
- Maintained caretaking and estate services to make sure we comply with health and safety standards
- Completed coronavirus risk assessments at all our care and support schemes, and introduced increased infection control measures, including extra cleaning and hand-washing requirements
- Closed our construction sites and our sales and marketing suites, though our sales teams are still on hand and are conducting all appointments via phone, email and, where possible, by virtual tour
- Instructed our specialist income teams to support customers who may be struggling to pay their rent by putting personal payment plans in place if needed, and providing extra support for any affected by coronavirus
- Set up robust finance procedures to make sure that contractors and suppliers continue to receive payment for goods and services.
We know the situation is constantly changing and we’re doing all we can to maintain our service and keep you safe.