How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
There are some simple things you can do to help protect yourself and others against coronavirus.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds at a time
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Please read the latest advice from Public Health England to see how you can keep yourself and your family safe.
The BBC have published a short video on what symptoms to look out for.
Public Health England have also published guidance on what to do if you have symptoms of coronavirus.