What we're doing to manage coronavirus
The health and safety of our residents and people is our top priority.
With the national response to the outbreak changing daily, we are working hard to make sure we’re well prepared to deal with the latest developments and the health and business threats caused by coronavirus.
We are constantly reviewing how we will deliver services to you and we’ve put measures in place to make sure we maintain emergency, business-critical and health and safety related functions at all times.
We are also doing everything in our power to support our people and the most vulnerable during these difficult times.
Here is the latest on our response:
- we have set up home-working for our customer service centre so you can always get a response from us
- we check that residents are feeling OK before we begin a repair. Our operatives wear protective equipment to reduce the risk of coronavirus spreading during repairs visits
- we have developed procedures to make sure that emergency repairs can be carried out, even if there is an infected person in the property
- We have temporarily paused our non-emergency estate inspections until 12 February 2021, but some caretaking and estate services will continue and will focus on cleaning high-touch areas such as such as lifts, bannisters, door handles and bin stores
- we have completed coronavirus risk assessments at all our care and support schemes, and introduced increased infection control measures, including extra cleaning and hand-washing requirements
- all our construction sites and our sales and marketing suites have fully re-opened in line with government guidelines around social distancing. Our sales teams are continuing to offer appointments via phone, email and, where possible, by virtual tour
- our specialist income teams continue to support customers who may be struggling to pay their rent by putting personal payment plans in place if needed, and providing extra support for any affected by coronavirus
- we have set up robust finance procedures to make sure that contractors and suppliers continue to receive payment for goods and services