A Guide to L&Q for East Thames Customers
On 1 April 2018, East Thames and L&Q became one organisation known as L&Q.
This is a guide to L&Q for former customers of East Thames.
Call L&Q Customer Services on 0300 456 9996.
Phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays. Outside of these hours, an emergency only service operates.
Visit contact L&Q for full details of how to contact us.
Repairs and maintenance
To request a repair from L&Q you can:
- Call us on 0300 456 9996
- Report a repair online
If you have an emergency repair, it is best to call us.
Visit repairs and maintenance for further information.
Your responsibilities for maintaining your home
We expect you to look after your home by:
- Keeping the inside clean and in good condition
- Carrying out minor repairs, replacements and DIY
- Decorating inside your home
- Keeping your garden tidy and free of rubbish
Find more information about repairs your are responsible for.
Your rent or service charge won't change as a result of the merger with L&Q.
If you pay your rent by direct debit, or at the Post Office or PayPoint using a swipecard, then you don't need to do anything.
If you pay your rent by standing order or internet banking, then you will need to make some changes to your payment details.
|I pay my rent by||Action you should take|
|Direct Debit||No action needed|
|Swipecard at the Post Office or Paypoint||No action needed|
|Standing order||Change your payment details|
|Internet banking||Change your payment details|
Visit our rent section for further information.
If you receive benefits
If you receive benefits and they are paid directly to East Thames or L&Q, you don't have to do anything.
If you receive Universal Credit then you will need to log into your Universal Credit account and change your landlord's name to L&Q.
Other L&Q services
Explore this website for details of L&Q services that are available to you:
- Have your say - our resident involvement services
- Homeowner services - our range of services for homeowners
- Events and opportunities in your neighbourhood - including employment and training opportunities and events for young people funded by the L&Q Foundation
- Moving home - our mutual exchange and housing transfer services
- Facebook and Twitter - contact us on social media