The Localism Act 2011 introduces changes to the way resident's complaints are reviewed. A new stage has been introduced called 'Designated Person'. This will allow local representatives to have a greater role in resolving housing problems quickly and avoiding the need to go to the Housing Ombudsman Service. 

If you wish to pursue the complaint you can ask a Designated Person to review it. A Designated Person can be, any MP in England, a local District Councillor or a recognised tenant panel.

Under the law, the Housing Ombudsman Service will consider a complaint once the above procedure, including the review by a designated person, has been completed. A period of eight weeks must have passed from the resident panel review stage. You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service

If you are interested in forming a tenant panel, of at least two residents, please contact us for more information and to check your eligibility.