With the introduction of welfare reform, many people are finding it increasingly difficult to manage their finances. L&Q have a range of services which can help.
Who can I speak to in L&Q about managing my finances?
If you feel you're having difficulty managing your finances the first person to speak to is your revenue officer. However L&Q also offer a range of additional free support which you may find useful.
I am finding it difficult to budget can L&Q help?
L&Q can help you with a range of money guidance issues, including:
- Applying for grants to furnish your home
- Budgeting and managing your money
- Checking your entitlement to benefits
- Comparing the cost of loans from affordable lenders
- Managing any outstanding debts
- Challenging benefit decisions
- Food vouchers
- Opening and managing a bank account
- Saving for the future
- Reducing the cost of fuel bills
Speak to your revenue officer to find out more about the Resident Support team, or email the Resident Support team directly.
I would like to talk to someone outside of L&Q about managing my finances where should I go?
If you would like to speak to an expert outside of L&Q, we have a partnership with a number of Citizens Advice Bureaux across London who provide free and impartial advice to our residents.
To find out if there is a CAB in your area go to the Citizens Advice Bureau website. You can either drop in to your local CAB or contact your revenue officer for more information.