Get a career, with help from L&Q Apprenticeships
You could join other L&Q residents and start as an apprentice over the next year. Supported by the L&Q Foundation and run by the soon-to-be-launched L&Q Academy.
As an apprentice, you'll get experience in departments across L&Q or with one of our external partners. You'll also get a recognised qualification.
Our apprenticeships have been designed to help you, our residents, to get the career you've always wanted. This opportunity will help you to get your foot on the career ladder with an organisation that supports you from beginning to end and beyond.
Key points about the programme
Applicants must be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Aged 16 or over
- Assessed as being capable of studying towards level 2 qualification or above
Apprenticeships at L&Q:
- 35 hours per week (including time at college)
- National minimum wage (£7.05 per hour)
- Minimum 15 month contract, with help to find a permanent position at the end
See how other residents got on with an L&Q Apprenticeship:
- Find out how becoming an IT apprentice proved the big break Afolake Adedoyin needed
- Read Billy Caney’s story of how he is looking forward to his future as a qualified electrician
L&Q recruits apprentices at several points throughout the year, and our partners recruit apprentices all year round.
You will be able to gain a recognised qualification while working and applying your learning. L&Q will pay all associated training costs for you.
We have apprenticeships in the following areas:
Housing – Work behind the scenes with one of our neighbourhood teams, supporting our housing officers with resident enquiries, anti-social behaviour and new tenant requests
Caretaking – Work out and about on our estates, maintaining the surrounding areas including co-ordinating bulk rubbish removal, estate clean-ups and basic maintenance
Office support functions – Work in one of our main offices, supporting central functions for the organisation, such as Human Resources, IT, Finance and the L&Q Academy
Interior construction trades – Work with one of our repairs and maintenance contractors, learning how to complete general repairs to the properties we manage
Exterior construction trades – Work with one of our development contractors, contributing to the new homes we are building, and train to become an electrician, a construction operative or a painter and decorator.
Salary and expenses
Apprentices working for L&Q will earn in line with the current national minimum wage. Expenses incurred during work hours are paid monthly in arrears. See job adverts for specific details.
Working for L&Q
You would be joining a company that looks after its staff. We are proud to have been voted into the top 30 Great Places to Work in the UK, alongside companies such as Microsoft and Ernst and Young.
We are also one of Stonewall’s top 100 employers for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff.
People are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It is only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
Who we are looking for
The perfect candidate will be:
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to travel
- Keen to learn and progress in the organisation
- Keen to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to use their own initiative
- A good communicator
To find out more:
- Bookmark this page and check back for updates
- Watch our apprenticeship video
- Register your interest in our apprenticeships by emailing the L&Q Academy at email@example.com