Information for Applicants
Please read this page carefully before completing the Application Form
Instruction to applicants
Because it is not possible to interview every applicant for a vacancy it is necessary to draw up a shortlist. The application form is therefore very important as it is used in all stages of the recruitment process. The criteria used by the selection panel for shortlisting purposes is contained in the recruitment advertisement and role profile. Please follow the guidelines below:
- It is often helpful to write out a rough draft before filling in the application form to clarify ideas and avoid mistakes later.
- If you are using the hard copy application form please complete in your own handwriting using black biro/ink otherwise please complete the online application form.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Make your reasons for applying for the job as relevant as possible. Do not only look at work experience you have had, but also at experience you may have gained outside a work setting which may be useful.
- Ensure that your referees include your present and previous employers. If this is not possible use people you have known in a professional capacity.
- Completed application forms must be received by midnight on the closing date, unless stated otherwise on the advertisement. Please note that we do not issue separate person specifications all the information you need is included in the role profile, the criteria that is required for the post is set out in the advert.
- Early applications are encouraged as we are experiencing a high volume of applicants for all posts, we will review numbers of applicants on a daily basis and once we have received sufficient forms we reserve the right to close the advertisement. As soon as the advert is closed, no further applications will be accepted.
- Due to a high number of applications we will be unable to reschedule the advertised interview date. However, if the panel do not recruit on the day and you meet the shortlist we will arrange to interview you at a later date.
Thank you for your interest in L&Q. All current vacancies are advertised on our website.