Information for Applicants
Because it is not possible to interview every applicant for a vacancy it is necessary to draw up a shortlist.
The application form is therefore very important as it is used in all stages of the recruitment process. The criteria used by the selection panel for shortlisting purposes is contained in the recruitment advertisement.
Please follow the guidelines below:
- It is often helpful to write out a rough draft before filling in the application form to clarify ideas and avoid mistakes later.
- If you are completing the form by hand please complete in your own hand writing in black biro/ink.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- To keep in line with our Equal Opportunities Policy we can only consider the information requested in the application form so please don't enclose a CV.
- Make your reasons for applying for the job as relevant as possible. Do not only look at work experience you have had, but also at experience you may have gained outside a work setting which may be useful.
- Do not include any attachments whatsoever. These will not be considered and could lead to your application being discarded.
- Ensure that your referees include your present and previous employers. If this is not possible use people you have known in a professional capacity.
- Do not include references or testimonials.
- Please ensure you fill out the equal opportunities questionnaire and sign.
Completed application forms must be received by 5pm on the closing date, unless stated otherwise on the advertisement. If you have not heard from us within 10 days of the job closing please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.