L&Q is one of the UK's leading housing associations and one of London's largest residential developers.
- Our Chief Executive is David Montague
- We own or manage over 90,000 homes in London and the South East
- We were set up in 1963 and our first office was in St Mary Magdalene Church in Woolwich
- We work with over 90 local authorities in the parts of London and the South East where we have homes
- Our head office is at One Kings Hall Mews, Lewisham, London SE13 5JQ
- We work with 70 specialist agencies to provide supported housing
- L&Q employs around 2,500 staff in various locations and offices
If you would like to know more about our rents, services and other facts and figures, read our:
What are housing associations?
Housing associations are not-for-profit organisations. Almost all are run by paid staff.
Most provide affordable rented accommodation and work closely with local authorities. Some concentrate on providing low-cost home ownership schemes, such as shared ownership.
Some, like L&Q, also rent or sell homes at the market rate, as a way of generating income to build more homes to rent to people from council waiting lists.
How are homes allocated?
Associations vary in the way they allocate homes, but all of us have to accept some nominations from local authority housing lists.
- Accept people nominated by local authorities for accommodation
- Deal directly with applicants
- Use referral agencies, such as Shelter