- L&Q is one of the UK's largest housing associations.
- The Chief Executive is David Montague.
- L&Q works with more than 90 local authorities in London and the South East.
- L&Q manages over 67,000 homes.
- It opened in 1963 and its first office was in St Mary Magdalane Church in Woolwich.
- Its head office is based at One Kings Hall Mews, London, SE13 5JQ.
- Our operation area is divided into seven separate 'neighbourhoods'. They are: North, North-East, Thames, South-East, South, South-West and West.
- L&Q works with 70 specialist agencies in the supported housing sector.
- L&Q employs more than 1,200 staff in 18 locations and offices.
What are housing associations?
Housing associations are not-for-profit organisations run by paid staff and controlled by voluntary committees of management. L&Q is an exempt charity.
Most associations provide affordable rented accommodation and work closely with local authorities. Some concentrate on low-cost home ownership schemes.
How are homes allocated?
Associations vary in the way they allocate homes, but all are required to accept some nominations from local authority housing lists.
- Accept people nominated by local authorities for accommodation
- Deal directly with applicants
- Or make use of referral agencies like Shelter.