Home Ownership & Rental Options
There are many different ways you can rent or buy a home with L&Q, so whatever your circumstances, you can be sure of finding a home in a way that works for you.
Searching through the choices available can be daunting so if you have any queries on the options detailed below, please contact one of our sales team on 0844 406 9800 and they will be happy to explain which options you are eligible to apply for.
You will need to register your details to find out if you are eligible for any of our schemes (please complete the eligibility registration form). If you live outside of Greater London you should also register with your local Help to Buy agent. To find out more information about eligibility please go to:
- First Steps if you live in a London borough
- Help to Buy Agent - Your local agent will be able to help you if you live outside of London
Why choose Shared Ownership?
This short video explains why people choose Shared Ownership.
Ways to part-buy or rent a home from us
Our shared ownership scheme allows you to buy a share in a brand
new or refurbished home.
You usually pay a mortgage on the part you own and a subsidised rent on the part you don't own. As your income rises you can increase the share you own, until you eventually own 100% and no longer pay any rent to L&Q.
Also available are shared ownership properties that were built and sold in the past that are now available for purchase on a part buy, part rent basis because the existing owners wish to sell.
Please download the following guide for more information on Shared Ownership (PDF) with L&Q.
Intermediate rent (IMR)
- This scheme offers you the chance to rent a brand new or refurbished apartment at a subsidised rent.
- The rent charged is normally 20-30% lower than what you would expect to pay for a similar apartment in the same area.
- All schemes are subject to availability of funding and our eligibility criteria. More detailed information on each scheme will be provided later in the application process.
- Help to Buy equity loans arent offered by L&Q on any of our developments. Help to Buy is a government-backed initiative to help people buy a home. It's open to homebuyers (both first-time buyers and home movers) in England who can provide a 5% deposit and is available on homes valued up to £600,000. More information can be found at www.helptobuy.org.uk.